Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Magic LIVE!

So I was sworn to secrecy leading up to Magic LIVE!, held in Las Vegas August 16-19. I was asked by Joshua Jay and Stan Allen to present an original effect during the Wednesday morning session—in front of a thousand people! A bit nervous? Of course. An exciting rush? Absolutely. And it all went off without a hitch.

I presented my effect "Truth In Advertising" (an update to "Optical Opener," which I originally published on my Second Storm DVDs). We had a bit more time on stage,so I also taught my Ballet Cut.

Man, to have David Williamson come up to afterward actually doing the Ballet Cut... that was one of the many highlights. Also high on my list was exchanging ideas over lunch with John Bannon and Simon Aronson.

I also teamed up with Tyler Wilson, Andi Gladwin and Rune Klan to conduct two hour-long Card Workshops. I taught the latest version of my effect, "Palm Reader."

Before leaving Vegas, I filmed some material for potential publication later this year through Vanishing Inc. In all, a very memorable and amazing trip.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad it all went flawlessly (never a doubt!). Congrats to you!!